Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Nothing Much New

Well, there hasn't been much happening since I returned from South Carolina. But, we are looking forward to travels and visitors each month until the end of the year. Matt has traveled for work the last couple of weeks - Germany, Poland, and Austria - but has nothing "fun" to report on as it was all business. We've been taking German language lessons for over a month now. We'll continue to do so through next year, I believe. The company is paying for language lessons and we thought German (Deutsch) might be the best for us to learn as it would benefit Matt professionally while here. German can be a bit confusing at times, but is definitely fun! I can't wait to really use it.

So, let's see...as far as traveling in the future:
• Late August – I hope to make a mini trip to Dublin, Ireland to conduct genealogy research on my mother’s family.
• September 9-19 – Our trip through Italy!!!!
• Early October – Matt will be in Gdansk, Poland the first two weeks and we are thinking that I should join him for a few days over the first weekend.
• Week of October 20 – We will be in South Carolina for Matt’s youngest brother’s wedding (Peter Biviano to Kelley Shirley).
• Late November – My Mom, and possibly my Aunt, are planning a visit during the week of Thanksgiving (and my birthday) for their first trip to England/Europe.
• Early December – Matt is scheduled to be in Vienna, Austria at this time and I would like to make another long-weekend visit.
• Christmas – We are planning to spend the holiday in Paris, France!

Together, Matt and I have traveled to Edinburgh, Scotland and parts of England. His business travel has taken him to Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria with other countries in the future. I hope to travel to each of those places at least once while he is there.

This is such a great opportunity for us and the right time in our lives. We will definitely take advantage of all that we can while in Europe! And remember...there is always a room waiting for any of you that get the travel bug!

No comments: